Brian Carey, P.G.
Mr. Carey has over 16 years of experience in the environmental consulting industry, including four in Hawaii and Micronesia as a geologist. Mr. Carey is a registered and licensed Professional Geologist with over 10 years of managing soil and groundwater investigations, with work scopes ranging from initial soil samples to large bulk fuel storage facilities needing full-scale investigation, assessment, and remediation.
A few of Mr. Carey’s projects are highlighted below.
- Project Manager, Kwajalein Restoration Program Sites, Department of Defense, Republic of the Marshall Islands.
Provided technical oversight and project management for a full-scale soil and groundwater investigation and remediation at a bulk fuel terminal on an active military installation on the Kwajalein Atoll in the Republic of Marshall Islands. Project accomplishments:
- Successful remote coordination and management of field labor, equipment delivery, and shipping schedules and carriers via air and water, between Anchorage, Maui, Honolulu, and the Marshall Islands.
- Successful execution of the installation and sampling of a 30+ monitoring well network at an active bulk fuel terminal.
- Successful planning and approval by client, military agency, and foreign nation of project plans.
Regional Manager responsible for executing expedited baseline site investigations at Chevron-owned retail petroleum stations proposed for sale in Northern California, Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. Responsibilities included project oversight and management of out-of-state personnel in performing extensive subsurface soil and groundwater assessments, supervising drilling operations, technical report review and authorization for the due diligence investigation reports, and frequent communication with the client.
Provided technical oversight and project management for site assessment and remedial investigations at over 110 San Francisco Bay and Sacramento-area retail gasoline stations for several major oil companies. Services provided to the client include correspondence with both an executing supplier and regulatory agencies to keep sites in compliance with agency directives.
- Responsibilities included oversight and management of staff personnel in performing subsurface soil and groundwater assessment investigations, remedial action plans, remedial system installation, and addressing regulatory compliance issues.
- Coordinated with field technicians, subcontractors, and government regulatory agencies to perform monitoring and sampling events, well installations, site assessments, site closures, and remedial system installations, and technical report review and authorization as a California-registered Professional Geologist.
Areas of Expertise
- Environmental Assessment
- Soil and Groundwater Investigation and Remediation
- Geologic Studies
- Data Analysis
- Health and Safety
- American Institute of Professional Geologists
- State of California, Licensed Professional Geologist (#7820)
- California State University, Sacramento, B.S. Geology, 1997.
- Sivuniq, Inc., 2011 to 2012.
- Malama Environmental, 2009 to 2011.
- Conestoga-Rovers and Associates, 2007 to 2009.
- SECOR International, Inc., 2000 to 2007.
- Anderson Consulting Group, 1996 to 2000.