Hazardous Material Database & Recycling Manager
Ms. Racette has over 12 years of experience in Hawaii as an environmental specialist. With a proven track record of customer satisfaction, Ms. Racette currently provides the 9th Mission Support Command US Army Reserve Pacific and all of the encompassing location environmental expertise and support in the areas of Hazardous Material Management, Solid Waste, and Recycling.
- Hazardous Material Management System (HMMS).
Manage and track hazardous material using web based systems appointed by USAR Headdquarters. Management of database requires technical onsite and field support to compile and collect physical as well as electronic inventories.
- Document, evaluate and generate required information for emergency Planning and Community Right-toKnow Act (EPCRA), Tier II and Toxic Release Inventory (TRI) reporting.
- Data entry into HMMS also established the required Authroized User List in which was also mandated by USAR Headdquarters and updated as necessary
- Management of Safety Data Sheets (SDS) for all hazardous material from submitted inventories as well as practiced Waste Minimization by substitution for less hazardous products in order to minimize the possibility of Hazardous Waste.
- Work in conjunction with Compliance Manager on disposal of hazardous waste with approved contractors.
- Recycling Program Manager
The USAR-is currently mandated to divert at least 50% of their Solid Waste going into the landfills by 2015. Ms. Racette successfully developed and implemented a recycling program for the 9th Mission Support Command US Army Reserve and all of the outlying component facilities in order to prepare and meet this diversion rate.
The program includes:
- Building and Facility Recycling Monitor
- Copy Machine training/Reduction in paper waste
- Green Procurement “Greening Your Workspace” training
- SWARWeb collaboration with USAG-HI
- Re-use of office furniture and equipment
- Semi-Annual Command Wide Clean-up
- Annual “Earth Month” Celebration dedicated to Environmental Awareness
- Environmental Compliance and Environmental Management System (EMS)
Support the EMS Program manager for the 9th Mission Support Command USAR, specifically regarding environmental protection programs under AR-200-1, EO 13423 & EO 13514 to include Pollution Prevention, Green Purchasing and Energy. Monitor all sites/facilities Hazardous Material Inventory to ensure that all facilities are in compliance with DA Pamp 200-1, required DoD directives and current EPA standards.
- Environmental Construction, Asbestos and Lead Supervisor, Hawaii.
Worked closely with General Contractors, State inspectors and the Department of Health to ensure that project specifications were regulatory compliant. Supervised various environmental projects to include but was not limited to Asbestos and Lead removal, mold remediation and demolition.
- Safety program
- Proper containment of volatile chemicals used at job site.
- Supervised inspections by certified surveyors as required by Department of Transportation and all regulatory agencies involved in the shipment of hazardous waste.
- Maintenance of hazardous waste pick-up schedule for various facilities as specified in contract to include federal and state locations.
- Collection of data for reports for environmental investigations and safety programs to assist construction projects.
Areas of Expertise
- HMMS Database
- Hazardous Material Management
- Training and Curriculum Development
- Recycling and Solid Waste
- Multimedia Environmental Health and Safety Audits
- 80 HR, 49 CFR Transportation of Hazardous Materials, AMMO-62 November 2011
- HAZWOPER, November 2012
- HMMS Hazardous Material Management April 2012
- EPCRA & TRI Reporting November 2012
- Southwestern Jr College Chula Vista, California
- ITES, August 2013 to Present.
- ESI, Inc. May 2008-March 2013.
- Bauske Environmental, October 2006 to April 2008
- BENDCO August 2005 – October 2006
- Nexus Environmental & HazWaste Services, November 2000 to October 2006