Tammy DeFay Collins
Ms. DeFay-Collins has 12 years of professional experience providing graphics, IT, and planning support within the environmental field. She is based on Oahu. With a B.S. degree in Design, and over a decade of experience providing environmental compliance and planning services, Ms. DeFay-Collins has a unique combination of qualifications. She specializes in the communication of environmental information through graphic design, website design, and data management. Her experience includes development of:
- Pamphlets and posters to communicate environmental requirements and Best Management Practices (BMPs)
- Covers, diagrams, and figures for reports
- Presentations using MS PowerPoint for training and other purposes
- Video editing for training and other presentations
- Posters for NEPA public involvement hearings/meetings
- HTML mailers
- Microsoft (MS) SharePoint® websites and MS Access® databases
Ms. DeFay-Collins is proficient using a variety of graphics editing programs including the Adobe Creative Suite (e.g., Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Microsoft PowerPoint®, and Microsoft and Movavi Video editing software. She also has basic familiarity with AutoCAD design software and GIS technology.
- NOAA Pacific Region Grants Coalition Grant Writing Workshops, Hawaii, 2013.
Developed flyers, edited video interviews, and created a new PowerPoint template for content discussed during the workshops.
- Aqua Engineers, Inc. Regulatory Compliance Assurance and Health and Safety Programs, Hawaii, 2010.
In addition to development of written Health and Safety (H&S) documents, responsible for the conceptual planning, development, and design of an intranet-based means of environmental and H&S program implementation and management. The resultant SharePoint website, along with several associated subsites, was developed as part of the company’s intranet. The SharePoint site, dubbed the “Health, Safety, and Compliance Portal” (HSC Portal) features inventories, libraries, calendars, various tracking lists (action plans, deficiencies, goals), custom templates and workflows, and site-wide branding. The Portal is used for tracking safety incidents and statistics, training and certifications, sampling data, inspections, and management of documents including standard operating procedures, permits, and policy documents.
- Wastewater Source Control Pretreatment Program, MCB Camp Pendleton, CA, 2006–Present.
Ms. DeFay-Collins provides assistance with MCB Camp Pendleton’s Wastewater Source Control Pretreatment Program (SCPP). Among her many taskings is development of the Base’s residential outreach brochures to address domestic discharges.
Areas of Expertise
- Graphic Design
- Video Editing
- Database Design
- Microsoft SharePoint® website design
- Education & Outreach
- Environmental Management Systems (EMS)
- Drinking Water
- Air Quality
- Environmental Audits
- Environmental Program Support
- Emergency Planning and Response
- Health & Safety
- U.S. Marine Corps Certified EMS Lead Auditor, 2007
- HAZWOPER, 2006
- B.S., Design – College of Environmental Sciences, University of California at Davis, 2002
- Potomac-Hudson Engineering, Inc.
- D-Max Engineering, Inc.